We all suffer at some time and in some way!
How have you suffered? May be you have lost loved ones – a parent, a child, a family member or friend. Others face debilitating physical ailments or difficult circumstances at work or at home.
Did this suffering make you stronger or weaker? It seems that suffering is not neutral. It either refines us and makes us stronger or destroy us or those we love. Suffering has the ability to totally rearrange our lives and cause us to question everything.
CrossWay Church will explore how and why we suffering in a new sermon series called, Enduring the Forge of Suffering. As we examine what the Bible teaches, we will learn how God walks with us in the pain and how we can we orient ourselves toward Him so that suffering changes us for the better rather than for the worse.
Come join us Sundays at 10 a.m starting April 20!
Even if you can’t join us, please help us prepare for this new series. We have created an annonymous survey where you can share any questions on suffering that you would like answered. You can also briefly share about your past experiences (the good and bad) of suffering.
Click here to participate in the survey!
Books We Recommend on Suffering:
- Walking with God through Pain and Suffering by Tim Keller
- A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser
- When God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayer by Jerry Sittser
- Holding On to Hope: A Pathway through Suffering to the Heart of God by Nancy Guthrie
- Embracing Brokenness: How God Refines Us Through Life’s Disappointments by Alan Nelson
- To Suffer Well by Craig Childs
- Lament for a Son by Nicholas Wolterstorff
Online Resource We Recommend on Suffering:
Sermon Audio Files and Resources:
If you missed a week, don’t worry you can download the individual sermons here. Just click on the sermons files below to open up the MP3 file or right click on it to save it to your computer.