Theology matters to us at CrossWay Church. Our goal is to make it approachable to people from a variety of different church and non-church backgrounds. We are happy that we have people from a variety of walks of life and different church experiences and traditions call CrossWay Church home.
Basic Christian Beliefs:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as a community of believers according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
As a church we always want to be true to what the Bible says. In some areas, it is silent. We want to give freedom in these areas. There are other things that the Bible is very clear about. In these important theological areas, we need to hold firm to these truths. These are the foundations that we build our church on. Thus, we believe that all CrossWay Church members (not guests or attendees) must hold to these basic Christian beliefs about the Bible, God the Father, Jesus the Son, the Holy Spirit and humanity.
The above basic statement of Christ faith covers the basic beliefs that members share. CrossWay Church has created a fuller statement of faith that explains what we think the Bible teaches about a variety of different topics. Click here to download the pdf.
All churches have a certain way that they interpret the Bible (theological tradition). All local churches, even non-denominational ones, have historical ties and roots to the larger body of Christ. CrossWay’s historical and theological positions are tied to the Reformed Theology and Tradition. Click here to learn more.
We are most intrigued by the person of Jesus, but we are happy that we have a place to “perch” among the denominational “branches” and in the broader history of the Christian Church. Click here to learn more about denomination, the Christian Reformed Church of North America.